COREMaaS. Introducing Virtual Seat & Mobility Passport.
COREMaaS is the world’s first Mobility as a Service solution designed to enable intermodal journeys while respecting social distance needed to reduce Covid-19 Contagion.
Leveraging and expanding the deployment of Iomob’s existing intermodal algorithms and Mobility as a Service (MaaS) solution with new SDKs across Europe, while layering in the additional social distancing features, can help local and regional governments flatten the curve and protect public health in current and future epidemics and pandemics.
CORE MaaS by Iomob integrates available mobility service providers (MSPs), public transport with real time crowdsourced information on their capacity, and filters other mobility services such as taxis and micromobility offerings for those that support distancing and sanitization procedures, enabling safer travel during pandemics. Iomob’s pioneering efforts to embrace MaaS and social distance generated global support (including signed letters from the 22 organizations below) as well as interest from industry media such as Intelligent Transport. (see COREMaaS brochure in PDF)
A “virtual seat” reservation system enables transit authorities to control admission into their network.
- Every user needs to reserve their virtual seat in advance specifying a time window, origin and destination.
- The transit authority provides Iomob access to information on what capacity they want to allocate to each train and station.
- Only virtual seats that respect these capacity limits are offered to users.
- This offers a mechanism to control overcrowding in both trains and stations where users enter,leave, or make connections.
- They express their desired itinerary and time window, and if no virtual seats are available forthis our routing engine finds alternative route plans as close as possible to user needs.The virtual seat is represented as a QR code that can be used to validate their reservation, either with physical installed machines, or with staff using handheld QR readers
Multimodal Mobility Passport
The “mobility passport” extends the virtual seat to multimodal/intermodal transit solutions.
- If a user wants to go from A to B our routing engine proposes combining transit modes (e.g. a suburban train plus a bus)
- A user would obtain a single QR code (mobility passport) that allows access to all services during the defined window of time.In this environment, the integration with Iomob’s routing engine increases in importance: planning a complete journey while securing a virtual seat in every single leg of a journey requires automation, since manually securing each leg independently to form a coherent trip plan would be too cumbersome for users.